The drone battery is one of the most important components of the device. Without a decent battery, it is quite impossible to fly the drone. Drones usually arrive with lithium-ion batteries which are small in size but capable of storing huge power. The lithium-ion batteries are also versatile which means they can stay in good shape for a long time.
If you are a new drone pilot, then you may think of how to charge a drone battery. It is pretty easy to change your battery. However, the procedure of charging the drone battery may change depending on the model or manufacturer. Below, we will give you a brief on how to charge a drone battery.
How to Charge A Drone Battery
As we mentioned earlier, the charging procedure will depend on the mentioned steps in the user manual. Today, we will let you know how to charge the Battery of DJI Mavic Pro. The charging procedure can be also used for most of the drones out there. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- If the drone was in a flight, then turn it off and give it a while to rest. Meanwhile, the battery will become cool so that you can charge it.
- Now take out the battery from the drone. Simply detach it from the compartment of your drone.
- Now connect the battery with the charger. Then connect the charger to an electric outlet and turn on the electricity.
- The battery should be started charging and you can know it by checking the indicator light on the charger.
- While charging, the charger’s indicator light will be red and when the charging is completed, it should turn in to blue. However, other colours can also be used as an indicator.
- Depending on the size or the capacity of the battery, you will need to wait for a particular period to complete the full charging cycle.
To know how much time will require for charging, simply check the user manual.Using the given procedure, you can charge most of the drone batteries.
Charging the Drone Battery using DIY Methods
It is always recommended to charge your drone battery using the charger that arrives with the drone. However, if you don’t have access to the chargers, you can think about charging the drone on off-grid. Fortunately, there are several DIY options to charge the battery of your camera drone. You will need to use a power bank for doing so.
The drone batteries are pretty big and they will require a powerful power bank for charging. There are several power banks for drone available commercial in both online and offline stores. The powerful drone battery power bank can help you to charge a drone battery multiple time. These things come as handy when you are in remote areas.
Moreover, you can also use the laptop power bank for charging the drone batteries. Especially, if the battery supports USB charging, then you can use the power bank to recharge the batteries easily.
Tips for a Better Performance from the Drone Battery
Here are some tips that can help you to improve the performance of your drone battery:
- Don’t fly the drone in hazardous weather condition. Flying the drone on situations like heavy wind, rain, the cyclone will work out the battery heavily, which will lead it for weak performance.
- Don’t charge the battery instantly before flying. It is recommended to charge the battery a few hours before the flight.
- Never leave a drone battery fully charged or fully discharged for a long time as it can damage the lifespan.
- Always store the battery in a well-ventilated and dry area in your room. The environment of the area should be cool.
- Even when you are not flying the drone, charge the battery fully at least once in three months. Also, try to recharge the battery before it becomes completely drained.
- Handle the battery carefully to ensure yours and drones safety. Never throw, bend, puncture, alter, or impact the battery. Avoid using a battery with such damages.
The drone is an amazing thing that can help you in many ways apart from just entertainment. We hope that you will be able to charge the drone battery easily after reading the above pieces of paragraphs.